A.-A. Chollet was one of the orfèvres privilégiés nominated by the hôpital de la Trinité and became master in 1756. His address was at the Château de Namur on the pont Notre-Dame. In 1764, he destroyed the mark that he had registered at the Trinité and struck a new mark as a member of the Paris guild. By 1781 he had moved to the quai Pelletier, where he remained until 1784, before moving to the rue de la Mortellerie. He was elected a warden (garde) of the guild in 1768-69 and later in 1782-83.